Oatley OOSHCare Incorporated is a Parent Management Committee owned and operated before and after school care service with an extremely proud history of providing Outside School Hours Care services to the Oatley community since 1997.
As a community based organisation, our stakeholders are at the very heart of everything we do. We value open and honest communication, and passionately believe in working with our stakeholders to prioritise the needs of the child.
At Oatley OOSHCare Incorporated we believe that children deserve the best possible start to life. Our service is a place where children can feel valued, included, challenged, stimulated, and safe at all times.
We are an important feature in the lives of our children and their families, and a significant part of the Oatley community. Our philosophy applies to all of our valued stakeholders
At Oatley OOSHCare, we “…recognise the right of the child to rest and leisure, to engage in play and recreational activities appropriate to the age of the child and to participate freely in cultural life and the arts.”
2) We support and encourage the children to have a say in events that affect them. The children’s voices guide us in our practice.
3) We provide a safe environment where children are free to explore their individuality, interests, and express their needs. We support children to develop physically, socially, emotionally, cognitively, and emotionally.
At Oatley OOSHCare, we recognise that “…parents, families, and carers are a child’s first and most important teachers”
1) We recognise families as the foremost leading experts on their children and value family input into how we provide care
2) We facilitate the needs of the parent by meeting the needs of the child – we provide a service environment that is safe, welcoming, and encourages and supports your children to be a participant.
3) We are committed to providing a reliable and consistent approach to our practices.
4) Children’s happiness and sense of being loved and valued is a core component of our approach to including children in our service.
At Oatley OOSHCare, we believe that “…educators who experience a sense of belonging, being, becoming, and wellbeing are more likely to have a greater sense of connectedness to what they do, and feel empowered to contribute.”
1) Our service believes in the tenets put forward in the OSHC Code of Professional Standards
2) We are a professional learning environment for educators – we are committed to ongoing learning as individuals and as a team on our play based journey
3) We provide strong support and mentorship to each other, regardless of our roles, to create a collaborative and positive work environment for all
4) All educators have ownership of Oatley OOSHCare Inc. programs
5) We are approachable mentors for children as they learn and grow in our service.
At Oatley OOSHCare, we believe that “respectful partnerships between school age care services and schools provide the opportunity to enrich learning and optimise benefits for everyone involved.”
1) We are a welcome and respected part of our school communities.
2) We collaborate with schools and families to bring a consistent approach to learning, safety, and care in our play environment.
3) We respect and support the safe learning environments that our schools provide for our children.
4) We adopt a growth mindset when working with children, families, and our broader community.
5) We value the rich diversity that our schools bring to our service and include this in our service practice.
At Oatley OOSHCare, we know “…it takes a village to raise a child…”
1) Our service acknowledges and respects the Biddegal people of the Eora Nation our services operate on. We are proud to support all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander activities in our area, and acknowledge that their history is our history – it is not the past.
2) We have a responsibility to support our community, just as they support us through participation in the service. We will seek to shop locally wherever possible to support our local businesses.
3) Our service instils a sense of belonging to community through connecting with people, organisations, and events to enhance our programs
4) Community provides meaning to our programs - we are as much a part of Oatley as it is a part of us.
At Oatley OOSH, we believe we are uniquely positioned to “…inspire and empower children, parents, and educators to initiate and achieve tangible sustainability.”
1) Our service is committed to reducing waste, reusing where possible, and recycling what we can.
2) It is our responsibility to empower children with information and knowledge to make decisions and skills to work towards more sustainable outcomes
3) We are committed to providing a better environment for as many children as possible to play and learn in.
Oatley OOSHCare acknowledges the First Nations People of the Eora Nation, upon which we live, play, and learn together as a community.